The Northwest is a thriving viticultural region and leader when it comes to producing top notch wines. With the perfect climate, soil and water quality for growing outstanding wine grapes, the Northwest is home to hundreds of renowned wineries. Of course, with so many great wines, locals know a thing or two when it comes to their reds, whites, sparklers and beyond. With so many exquisite wines to sip and savor, Pacific Northwesterners share their knowledge and love with informative blogs from Canada to Oregon. We dig a lot of local wine blogs, but below are a handful of brag-worthy wine blogs.
• BC Wine Lover: Mike Klassen and Stacey Fruin share their expertise of BC wines on their easy to navigate and informative blog. Sharing wine stories and experiences, BC Wine Lover is your online hub for BC wine travel, wine reviews and more.
• Wine Barbarian: Vancouver-based Bill Tielman is the Wine Barbarian. Sharing his travels, tips and reviews, Tielman blogs about the best affordable wines you should be drinking right now. And because he’s also a foodie, Tielman periodically plugs in restaurant reviews, because, after all, we all know food and wine were made to be enjoyed together.
• Washington Wine Report: Sean Sullivan’s blog about Washington wines covers everything from distinguishing between different varietals to choosing the best wines in your price bracket. An up-to-date news feed gives you the latest on wineries, vineyards and events, while links at the top of the page direct you to the Washington wine round-up, value wines, and more. Sullivan even shares tips on how to plan your next visit to Washington Wine Country.
• Wild 4 Washington Wine: William Pollard Jr. lives in the heart of Washington Wine Country, and when he’s not sipping from a stemmed glass, he’s writing about tasting room etiquette, top 10 wines under $20, and more. Learn about the Columbia Valley, Tri-Cities, Red Mountain AVA and more as Pollard shares his knowledge with readers on his blog, Wild 4 Washington Wine.
• Wine Julia: A travel agent turned wino, Julia Crowley covers all things Oregon-wine on her blog, Wine Julia. A wine writer for several other popular Oregon-based publications, Crowley culminates her knowledge of wine with her passion for travel and shares the best food and wine pairings, what Oregon wines you should be drinking, how to plan a half day vay-cay, and more.
• Oregon Winette: Kelsey Ivey is an Oregonian busy blogging about wine and wine-related happenings. Sharing information about Oregon local wineries and vineyards, Ivey also blogs about fun tasting tips and creative wine-cork crafts on her blog, Oregon Winette.
If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed by the multitude of wines produced in the region, check out these blogs to help ease your way into the exciting world of Northwest wines. With so many varietals there’s always something new to try, and these expert bloggers are here to serve as your guide. Cheers!