Where to wine with your beloved this coming weekend.
Grab your honey and head to wine country this winter because February offers an abundance of romantic events involving fantastic wine and dreamy chocolates from Wenatchee to North Vancouver.
· Lake Chelan Wine Valley hosts “Red Wine and Chocolate” on the weekends of Feb. 8-9 and 15-16, Lake Chelan Valley tasting rooms will serve up red wine and chocolate pairings at each of the 20 local wineries. If you are wondering what’s in store for this winter weekend getaway, look no further. Atam Winery will feature German chocolates and European style wines while CR Sandidge serves wine with handmade artisan chocolate. Dip any treat you want in the famous Lake Chelan Winery’s Belgian chocolate fountain and Nefarious Cellars will be whipping up handmade truffles infused with Cabernet Sauvignon. For more winery listings and event details, visit lakechelanwinevalley.com || Prices vary || Feb. 8-9 and 15-16 || Throughout Chelan county
· Celebrate February For Foodies at the capital for Washington wine country, Walla Walla. This month long event celebrates the region’s agricultural bounty and culinary prowess. Participating restaurants with special menus include The Marc, Brasserie Four, Public House 124, South Fork Grill, The Maple Counter Café and more. Cooking classes cost $30 and will take place at Titus Creek Café from 11 am – 1:30 pm on Feb. 1, 8, 15 and 22. Artisan chocolates from Bright’s Candies and Petits Noirs will be sold and paired with wine at participating wineries. || $30 cooking class tickets can be bought at 509-525-8799 || Feb 1, 8, 15, 22 || Walla Walla
· The sweetest event of the year in Wenatchee Wine Country is the Wenatchee Red Wine & Chocolate Weekend Feb. 14-16. $30 admission includes waived tastings at wineries, a “passport,” chocolate treats and a souvenir wine glass. Participating wineries hail from nearby Cashmere, East Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Malaga, Oroville, Quincy and Wenatchee! || $30 tickets available at wenatcheewines.com || Feb. 14-16 || Varying hours/days per winery
• Columbia Gorge Valentine’s Wine and Chocolate Weekend kicks off Feb. 14 to showcase more than 30 wineries from Washington and Oregon. Spend a romantic weekend in the scenic Columbia Gorge with peaceful views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams. Washington wineries span from Underwood to Goldendale while the Oregon wineries span from the Hood River through The Dalles. End the weekend at the Hood River Tasting Rooms. || Feb. 14-17 || Hours: Individual wineries || Downloadable map
• Spend a special evening, Feb. 13, at Pour Your Heart Into It in North Vancouver. Drink featured wines from around the world and pair it with chocolate fondue or cheese samples. || Tickets $25 || Feb. 13, 7-8:30pm || 998 Marine Dr North Vancouver, BC || 604-929-7277 to register